West Valley Arts Council continually seeks to expand its network of performing, teaching, and visual artists for the purpose of arts education, professional development, facilitation, and arts programming.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We actively encourage applications from BIPOC artists.
Examples of Eligible Categories:
- Dance: modern, traditional, cultural, ballet, jazz, etc.
- Music: classical, opera, cultural, jazz, vocal, world music, etc.
- Theater: musical, play, puppetry, mime, drama, etc.
- Visual art: traditional cultural art forms, textile arts, conceptional art, etc.
- Other: traditional folk performance, non-verbal performance, other original works, etc.
- Be a performing artist, ensemble or group with some paid professional experience presenting or providing workshops
- Be able to present 1-hour programs, classes, or workshops appropriate for audiences of various age groups
- Video capabilities or ability to travel to Surprise, AZ for recording
- Artistic merit
- Artist or group resume or biography
- Examples of work
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility will be prioritized in the the selection process
- Create and facilitate project/performance that is informative, participatory, and tangible
- Provide a minimum 45-minute presentation/workshop/class
- Lead and facilitate audience Q & A
- Perform live, virtually, or recording
- WVA will provide a paid stipend for the project/performance
- Artist/group/ensemble will be featured on our website and social media
Evaluation of Application:
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of performing arts professionals and experts based on criteria from the West Valley Arts Council, including consideration of the contents of each application and any supporting materials submitted. Artist must submit proposed project/performance description along with uploading images/video and any other supporting material directly to this submission from.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may be disqualified at any point if any information in their application is found to be false, misleading, incorrect, or if terms of this guideline are not adhered to.