West Valley Arts Council seeks interactive and experience driven art and artists for upcoming events throughout Arizona's West Valley region. Events take place monthly from October through April and are expected to be held outdoors. These are paid opportunities for artists with stipends being dependent on scope of work.
Call will remain open until opportunities are filled. Submission will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage submission from BIPOC artists.
Examples of Type and Scope of Works:
- Interactive Installations
- Interactive Sculpture
- Audience Participatory Murals
- Guided Art-making
- Be a local artist with fully realized and/or currently constructed works (stipend does not include funds to create new works).
- Musical works and soundscape are welcome for submission, but please note that most events are music-centric and may conflict with the works.
- Works must be temporary with the ability to install and deinstall the on day of the the event.
- Artist or representative must be available to manage and monitor their work during the event.
- Artistic merit
- Proven ability to successfully execute proposed work during a 1 day event.
- Artist resume
- Proposed budget
- WVAC will provide a paid stipend directly to the artists and is dependent on scope of work.
- Artist will be promoted throughout WVAC website and social media channels. Additional promotion may be provided through partner organizations and event advertisement.
Evaluation of Application:
Submissions will be evaluated by WVAC staff and partners, and will based on criteria above, including consideration of the contents of each application and any supporting materials submitted. Artist must submit proposed installation or interactive work along with description, photos/videos, and any other supporting material directly to this submission from.
Only approved artists will be contacted to talk through the feasibility of works and event details. Please do not call about submissions. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may be disqualified at any point if any information in their application is found to be false, misleading, incorrect, or if terms of this guideline are not adhered to.
Submission Deadline: October 13, 2023
The WVAC Members’ Salon is one of our premier annual exhibitions featuring the works of our artist members. The Members’ Salon will be a comprehensive art show that showcases the varied creative and skilled works of both emerging and master-level artists, celebrating the talent, artistry, and originality of their works. In the tradition of the Parisian art salons of the 18th and 19th century, the WVAC Members’ Salon will present an unmatched, exclusive annual exhibition of creative work.
The theme is open ended and open to all mediums. WVAC Artist Members may submit up to 3 pieces for consideration, however only one may be chosen to exhibit. Entries may be placed for sale at the artist’s request with a 25% commission. Artwork must be original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC event or exhibition in the last year.
- Artist must be 18 years or older, living and working in Arizona.
- Artists are required to to be members of the West Valley Arts Council to enter the show. To become a member and become eligible for the exhibit, please click here.
- A current membership is required to enter, but there is no additional entry fee.
- Entries must be the artist’s original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC event or exhibit within the last year.
- 2D and 3D works are welcome and encouraged.
- No giclee or other types of prints/reproductions will be accepted.
- Themes and media are open, however please consider the nature of viewership as the Arts HQ Gallery does also cater to families and children.
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed and/or wired, not to exceed 20 lbs (no saw tooth hangers permitted).
- Selected work must include a label or identification on the back/bottom of the work, including the name of the artist, title, size, and price of the piece.
- Artwork measurement should include the work’s widest and tallest points (framed works should include the mat and frame).
*WVA board and staff reserves the right to refuse any work based on its inability to meet the criteria, inability to be displayed safely and without difficulty, or inappropriateness in themes or content.
- Artists are allowed up to 3 entries. Please note that only 1 may be selected to exhibit.
- Entries must include an image of each piece. Digital images must be at least 300 dpi and .jpg or .png format.
- Entries must include artist statement or bio.
- The completed entry form and images must be received by midnight on the deadline for entries to be considered. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Entries must be submitted through the Submittable platform.
General Show Information
- All selected works are not required to be listed for sale, but it is highly encouraged.
- WVAC will handle all sales and retain a 25% sales commission.
- Artists may wish to personally insure their work. WVAC provides minimal insurance for for lost, stolen or damaged work.
- WVAC artist members are always encouraged to volunteer. For more information click here.
Dates to Remember:
Show run time: November 11 - December 15
Deadline to submit: October 13th
Acceptance Notification: October 18th
Artwork Drop off: Oct 27th (10am -3pm) / Oct 28th (10am - 3pm)
Open Reception: November 11 | 12PM - 3PM
Artwork Pick up: December 16 (10am - 3pm)
*Artwork not picked up after 30 days becomes the property of WVAC
Please send any questions to email@example.com
West Valley Arts Council is seeking artists for solo and small group exhibitions in conjunction with 2nd Saturdays in Peoria, Arizona. Exhibitions take place monthly from October 2023 through April 2024 at Axiom Venue in Old Town Peoria. Artists are invited to submit individual bodies of work or group works for review and consideration. Only 2D works will be considered at this time. Wall space is limited to about 80 - 120ft (approximately 10-15 medium-sized 2D works). Themes and medium are open, however we ask that you please consider submitting works that are family-friendly and youth appropriate.
Please note, if selected, it will be the responsibility of the artist to curate, label, install and deinstall their own works. The artist will be paid a stipend for their time and materials to install & deinstall. The artist is also highly encouraged to be present for the opening of the show which will coincide with Peoria's 2nd Saturday event. All sales are the responsibility of the artist.
Deadline: Open until opportunities are filled.
Every submission is appreciated and will be seriously considered, however not all artwork will be accepted.
Selected artists will receive notification of interest and invitation to further discuss details of artwork, exhibition, and/or other prospects. If your work is selected, you will receive further information at that time including exhibition dates and stipend amount . Artists will be notified by email. Please do not call for results.
- Artists (18+) living and working in Arizona are welcome to apply.
- Only 2D works will be accepted at this time.
- Artist must have the experience and ability to install their own works. Venue does not have a gallery hanging system. Works will be installed directly on wall using nails, picture hanger hardware, or art hooks.
- Artist must have the ability to manage the sale of their own artworks. Nor Axiom Venue or WVAC will take commission fees.
- Group shows not to exceed 4 artists.
- Artwork images and bio must be uploaded directly to the submission form.
- Artists should submit body of work for consideration. Artists must ensure high quality of images, we recommend:
Photos: between 72 and 300 dpi
Video: should be 1080p or less. File sizes up to 10 GB
- Must include Bio or resume, as well as brief artist statement about the submitted work, no more than 300 words.
- Group submission must have one representative submit with names of others artists in the artist statement section. Please be sure to submit all works for for consideration in group show.
- All submission must include one image and description of a previous artist installed exhibit.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org