Submission Deadline: March 25, 2024
West Valley Arts Council invites artists to submit 2D and 3D artwork for consideration for the Motorworks exhibit at the Arts HQ Gallery in Surprise. This themed exhibit will celebrate one of humankind's most significant inventions and contributions to the way we connect...cars, trucks, airplanes, motorcycles, ships, buggies, and all things transport.
This opportunity is open to professional artists 18 and older living in Arizona.
- Each entry must be the artist’s original work. No giclee or other types of prints will be accepted.
- Visual themes and media are open, however please consider the nature of viewership as the Arts HQ Gallery does cater to families and children.
- All 2D artwork must be properly framed and/or wired, not to exceed 20 lbs.
- Selected work must include a label or identification on the back of the work, including the name of the artist and title, medium and price.
*WVA board and staff reserves the right to refuse any work based on its inability to meet the criteria, inability to be displayed safely and without difficulty, or inappropriateness in themes or content.
- Up to 3 entries per submission.
- Entries must include an image of each piece (images must be at least 300 dpi and .jpg or .png format.), along with the title, size, medium, and price for each.
- Biography of the artist
- Description / story behind the work.
- Website and Instagram.
- All entries must be completed and received by midnight on the deadline date. Late submissions will not be considered.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of WVAC staff members and key partners.
The Motorworks exhibit will open Friday, April 26, 2024 with an opening reception from 5-8pm at the Arts HQ Gallery in Surprise, AZ, 16126 N. Civic Center Plaza, ste 102. During the opening, artists are encouraged to attend to share their art and story with fellow artists, visitors, and patrons. The exhibit will run through June 7, 2024. Artists are responsible for delivery and pick up of their artwork to the Arts HQ Gallery. Pick up will be following the exhibit on June 7, 2024, 10am-2pm with an alternate pick up date on June 8, 2024, 10am-2pm
Promotion for the exhibit will be featured on the West Valley Arts Council website and social media via Facebook and Instagram. Artists are also encouraged to promote the exhibit in tandem on their own social media platforms.
SCHEDULE / TIMELINE
Submission Deadline…………………..….Monday, March 25, 2024
Notice of acceptance………………………..Friday, March 29, 2024
Accepted works delivered to gallery……….Friday, April 19 or Saturday, April 20, 10am-2pm.
Exhibition Opening Reception……………...Friday, April 26, 5-8pm
Artwork Pickup…………Friday, June 7, 2024 or Saturday, June 8, 2024, 10am-2pm
Featured artists are also invited to have an extension of their artwork in prints, stickers, or small works in our adjacent gift shop throughout the exhibit.
QUESTIONS - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
West Valley Arts Council seeks interactive and experience driven art and artists for upcoming events throughout Arizona's West Valley region. Events take place monthly from October through April and are expected to be held outdoors. These are paid opportunities for artists with stipends being dependent on scope of work.
Call will remain open until opportunities are filled. Submission will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage submission from BIPOC artists.
Examples of Type and Scope of Works:
- Interactive Installations
- Interactive Sculpture
- Audience Participatory Murals
- Guided Art-making
- Be a local artist with fully realized and/or currently constructed works (stipend does not include funds to create new works).
- Musical works and soundscape are welcome for submission, but please note that most events are music-centric and may conflict with the works.
- Works must be temporary with the ability to install and deinstall the on day of the the event.
- Artist or representative must be available to manage and monitor their work during the event.
- Artistic merit
- Proven ability to successfully execute proposed work during a 1 day event.
- Artist resume
- Proposed budget
- WVAC will provide a paid stipend directly to the artists and is dependent on scope of work.
- Artist will be promoted throughout WVAC website and social media channels. Additional promotion may be provided through partner organizations and event advertisement.
Evaluation of Application:
Submissions will be evaluated by WVAC staff and partners, and will based on criteria above, including consideration of the contents of each application and any supporting materials submitted. Artist must submit proposed installation or interactive work along with description, photos/videos, and any other supporting material directly to this submission from.
Only approved artists will be contacted to talk through the feasibility of works and event details. Please do not call about submissions. Email questions to email@example.com
Applicants may be disqualified at any point if any information in their application is found to be false, misleading, incorrect, or if terms of this guideline are not adhered to.