Now accepting submissions for WVAC’s 2021 Holiday Market!
The Holiday Market will coincide with the WVAC Members’ Salon to take place Saturday, November 13th from 3pm - 7pm. This event seeks to provide WVAC patrons, supporters, and community members an alternative holiday shopping experience with opportunity to buy local.
All artisans and makers who create beautiful and functional works are welcome to apply, however space is limited and preference will be given to WVAC Artist Members. Product submissions are open and not limited to small visual works, sculpture, prints, décor, greeting cards, jewelry and accessories, kitchenware, specialty candles and soap. We encourage artisans from diverse backgrounds who create unique products.
The WVAC Members’ Salon is one of our premier annual exhibitions featuring the works of our artist members. The Members’ Salon will be a comprehensive art show that showcases the varied creative and skilled works of both emerging and master-level artists, celebrating the talent, artistry, and originality of their works.
Deadline to Submit: September 3, 2021
Holiday Market Location:
West Valley Arts Council | Arts HQ Gallery
16126 N Civic Center Plaza Ste 102
Surprise, AZ 85374
Seeking artisans and makers who create wares, products, crafts, artworks, and merchandise for vendor booth space at WVAC’s Holiday Market. We welcome all vendors (18+) living and working in Arizona.
All booth sizes are 10ft x10ft, outdoors and semi-shaded
- WVAC Artist Member $50
- Non-Member $75
**Please note that WVAC will not be taking an additional 25% commission on vendor sales.
Booth space is limited. Preference will be given to WVAC Artist Members but all vendors are welcome to submit.
Vender booth location will be determined by the availability and number of accepted submissions. Vendors are responsible for providing their own shade, tables, chairs, etc. however reasonable accommodations will be made for those who are needing indoor space. Please submit a request via email upon the completion of this online submission if you are needing additional accommodations.
Vendors will be contacted via email and will receive further information at that time including vendor booth location, vendor/artist agreement, set up and tear down dates and times.
Every submission is appreciated.
Artworks and products submitted must be the original work of the vendor/artist. No third party sellers/vendors/distributors will be considered.
Must submit the following:
- Name and/or business name
- Phone, email, and at least 1 social media handle or website
- product images
- brief description of work and price
- Vendors are encouraged to submit 3-5 individual works/products for consideration.
Please ensure high quality of images, we recommend:
Photos: between 72 and 300 dpi
Video: should be 1080p or less. File sizes up to 5 GB
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 13, 2021 - December 18, 2021
Submission Deadline: September 3, 2021
The WVAC Members’ Salon is one of our premier annual exhibitions featuring the works of our artist members. The Members’ Salon will be a comprehensive art show that showcases the varied creative and skilled works of both emerging and master-level artists, celebrating the talent, artistry, and originality of their works. In the tradition of the Parisian art salons of the 18th and 19th century, the WVAC Members’ Salon will present an unmatched, exclusive annual exhibition of creative work.
The theme is open ended and open to all mediums. Artist Members may submit up to 3 pieces for consideration, however only one may be chosen to exhibit. Entries may be placed for sale at the artist’s request with a 25% commission. Artwork must be original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC event or exhibition in the last year.
- Artists are required to to be members of the West Valley Arts Council to inter the show. To become a member and become eligible for the exhibit, please click here.
- A current membership is required to enter, but there is no additional entry fee.
- Entries must be the artist’s original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC event or exhibit within the last year.
- No giclee or other types of prints/reproductions will be accepted.
- Themes and media are open, however please consider the nature of viewership as the Arts HQ Gallery does also cater to families and children.
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed and/or wired, not to exceed 20 lbs (no saw tooth hangers permitted).
- Selected work must include a label or identification on the back/bottom of the work, including the name of the artist, title, size, and price of the piece.
- Artwork measurement should include the work’s widest and tallest points (framed works should include the mat and frame).
*WVA board and staff reserves the right to refuse any work based on its inability to meet the criteria, inability to be displayed safely and without difficulty, or inappropriateness in themes or content.
- Artists are allowed up to 3 entries. Please note that only 1 may be selected to exhibit.
- Entries must include an image of each piece. Digital images must be at least 300 dpi and .jpg or .png format.
- Entries must include artist statement or bio.
- The completed entry form and images must be received by midnight on the deadline for entries to be considered. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Entries must be submitted through the Submittable platform.
General Show Information
- All selected works are not required to be listed for sale, but it is highly encouraged.
- WVAC will handle all sales and retain a 25% sales commission.
- Artists may wish to personally insure their work. WVAC provide minimal insurance for for lost, stolen or damaged work.
- WVAC artist members are always encouraged to volunteer. For more information click here.
Dates to Remember:
Show run time: November 13 - December 18
Deadline to submit: September 3
Acceptance Notification: September 18
Artwork Drop off: Nov. 6 (10am -2pm) / Nov. 8 (10am - 2pm)
Open Reception: November 13 | 3PM - 7PM (coincides with Holiday Market)
Artwork Pick up: December 19 (10am - 2pm)
*Artwork not picked up after 30 days becomes the property of WVA
Please send any questions to email@example.com
West Valley Arts Council in partnership with The Vista Center for the Arts and Ground Floor Artists is currently seeking artists to participate in Surprise’s inaugural Mayor’s Exhibit. The exhibit, A Tribute To Our Heroes, marks the 20th anniversary of the tragedy of 9/11 and aims to reflect on how the heroes of this day have shaped, and continue to shape, our nation into one of support, togetherness, and collective endurance.
Individual artists are invited to submit works thematically tied to the events of September 11, 2001 and/or works remembering and celebrating those who gave their lives through heroic acts. The 2021 Mayor’s Exhibit will be juried by a select panel of partners and community members, along with Mayor Skip Hall.
A Tribute To Our Heroes opens September 3, 2021 at The Vista Center for the Arts in Surprise, and will coincide with performances to be held at this location.
For more information on The Vista, please visit www.thevistaaz.com
Deadline to apply: July 30th, 2021 11:59 pm MST.
Notification by: August 9
Show run date: September 3 - November 11
Open Reception: September 3 | 4-7pm
Submission fee for the current art call is as follows:
- WVA Member Artists $20
- Non WVA Member Artists $25
- Free submission for students
To find out more about the WVA artist membership, visit https://westvalleyarts.org/become-a-roster-artist/
Every submission is appreciated and will be seriously considered, however, some submissions may not be accepted. Selected imagery will be based upon the quality of work, creativity in concept, and adherence to the theme. Works that are divisive and politically motivated will not be accepted.
A Tribute To Our Heroes features two categories:
- Student = Youth ages 13 - 17
- Adult = Artists ages 18 and older
- Artists can submit up to 3 individual pieces for consideration. Artists must ensure high quality of images - we recommend images be between 72 and 300 dpi.
- Must include a brief bio and statement of work (no more than 500 words).
- All info must be uploaded directly to the submission form.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org